North Yorkshire NHS Adult Autism and ADHD Assessment service
An NHS-funded service
We provide an Autism and ADHD Assessment Service which is free at the point of service, for people from the following CCG areas of North Yorkshire:
- NHS Vale of York CCG
- NHS Harrogate and Rural District CCG
- NHS Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby CCG
- NHS Scarborough and Ryedale CCG
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot refer yourself to the North Yorkshire Autism and ADHD Assessment Services. A referral has to be made by a health or social care professional.
What does the service offer?
- Screening for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Assessment and diagnosis of ASD
- Screening for Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Assessment and diagnosis of ADHD
- A limited number of sessions to help you make sense of your diagnosis
Getting an Assessment
- If you think that you or a family member has Autism or ADHD you should contact your GP. Your GP can refer you for an assessment as they have access to the correct referral form.
- If you are working with a Social Worker or with the local Community Mental Health Team you can contact them. They can refer you for an assessment.
If you already have a diagnosis of Autism or ADHD then you will not be able to access our NHS-funded service, which is for assessments only.
Professionals seeking to refer to the Assessment Service?
If you are a GP, Social Worker or Community Mental Health Team member within the above four CCG areas, please complete our referral form here and email it to us at email@example.com
For further information about this service please call us on 01904 412 551