Below are some answers to frequently asked questions. You can also find our full Terms and Conditions of Service here.
Please get in touch with us to talk about any of these or other questions you might have about our services.
What will sessions cost?
We offer a variety of services at different prices, please see our prices page for further details, or give us a call on 01904 412551.
Will I be charged for an appointment if I cancel?
Because your appointments will usually be a regular session reserved just for you, we do need to charge if you cancel or miss an session without sufficient notice. If your therapist needs to cancel a session for any reason, of course you are not charged. Your therapist will also give you advance notice of any planned breaks or holidays.
Details of our cancellation policy will be included in our letter to you confirming your first appointment.
For adult therapy appointments and self-funded Autism / ADHD services:
- appointments cancelled with less that 2 working days notice will be charged.
- if payment is outstanding for 2 missed or cancelled sessions without notice, we reserve the right to discontinue therapy until the amount is paid.
- if 2 or more appointments are cancelled with notice, your therapist will discuss with you whether continuing with sessions is suitable at this time. If cancellations continue at this rate we reserve the right to discontinue sessions.
We know it may feel difficult to pay for a therapy session you were not able to attend, and if you feel there are extenuating circumstances you would like us to consider then do let us know.
For our Autism and ADHD NHS Funded Assessment Service:
- appointments cancelled with less than 2 working days notice will be rearranged once. If this further appointment is cancelled or missed the person will be discharged from the service.
- appointments cancelled with 2 or more working days notice will be rearranged up to two further times. If these appointments are cancelled or missed the person will be discharged from the service.
What will you do with my data?
Is the service confidential?
All our services are confidential, and our therapists and clinicians follow professional codes of conduct which include principles around confidentiality. This means we will not disclose information about you to a third party without your consent, unless we had significant concern for either your safety or the safety of someone else. We would make every attempt to discuss this with you if the situation arose.
Who can I address feedback, comments and complaints to?
We welcome all feedback about our service, as it helps us improve what we offer. If you would like to give feedback to your therapist or any member of staff they will be glad to assist you. There are short feedback forms available whist you wait for your appointment, as well these being used at the beginning and end of therapy.
We always strive to do our best, but recognise that sometimes we don't get it right and are keen to learn from this. If you would like to raise a concern or complaint so that we can look into it, please get in touch with our Complaints Officer Liam Goodwin. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Full details of how to raise a concern or complaint, and what we will do about this, can be found here.
Can I get involved in The Retreat?
We welcome representation from people who have finished their therapy or support within our services. There are a number of ways you can get involved, from joining us at information sharing events, helping us raise the profile of our services through the media, or consulting with us to help develop new service or recruit new staff. Please contact us for more information.